Group A Streptococcal Carrier State Reviewed Still an
Strep throat is spread from one person to another through saliva or secretions that harbor group A Streptococcus bacteria. You can become sick with a strep throat infection if you have been exposed to the bacteria, which is spread through coughing, sneezing, and by touching people or objects that have the bacteria on the surface. Those, especially at risk for getting strep throat if exposed... you can’t tell if someone has strep just by looking at their tonsils. Even having pus (white stuff) on their tonsils doesn’t automatically mean strep. Viruses can do that too. That’s why a rapid strep test, with a backup culture for negative tests, is important to make the diagnosis.
Strep Carrier Psoriasis - Inspire Health and Wellness
2009-09-20 · A person can "carry" strep for months or years and can be contagious to others (but typically not as contagious as someone with an active strep infection). My younger dd gets strep (I assume is a carrier) w/out symptoms.... Carriers usually do not need antibiotics. They are less likely to spread the bacteria to others and very unlikely to get complications. If a carrier gets a sore throat illness caused by a virus, the rapid strep test can be positive even though the illness is not caused by the bacteria that cause strep throat.
What is a Strep Throat Carrier? (with pictures) wisegeek.com
2011-05-22 · I was dating someone who said they were a strep carrier. They left it at that, and said it was not possible to give it someone else. However, I have now been diagnosised with strep in my nose and around my groin. I have never had strep in my life, and I have never done anything different in my day to day activities. Is it possible she gave me strep? how to tell when turkey is bad Recurrent strep throat is common in children 5 to 15 years old and some of these may be asymptomatic carriers of the infection. However it is uncommon in adolescents and adults. If your girl friend's strep throat infections have been documented by culture, she or someone close to her, such as you, her immediate family, or if she is a teacher, her students, must be re-infecting her. She should
What is Strep Throat? — KCKidsDoc
Carriers usually do not need antibiotics. They are less likely to spread the bacteria to others and very unlikely to get complications. If a carrier gets a sore throat illness caused by a virus, the rapid strep test can be positive even though the illness is not caused by the bacteria that cause strep throat. how to tell if finger is broken or sprained Streptococcal pharyngitis, also known as strep throat, is an infection of the back of the throat including the tonsils caused by group A streptococcus (GAS). Common symptoms include fever , sore throat , red tonsils, and enlarged lymph nodes in the neck. 
How long can it take?
strep no symptoms would you use antibiotics anyway?
- Am I a carrier for strep throat. Asthma and Allergy
- Strep Carrier? PANS / PANDAS (Lyme included) - ACN
- How to Cure Strep Throat For Good Strep Throat Secrets
- Group A Streptococcus Carriers Infectious Diseases Forum
How To Tell If Someone Is A Strep Carrier
However, because it can be difficult to distinguish between a strep carrier and someone with recurrent strep throats, many doctors (me included) try to eradicate the carrier state. The antibiotics we typically use for strep throats don’t work for carriers, so a different regimen is used. My preference is a 10-day course of an antibiotic called clindamycin.
- HealthTap: Doctor answers on Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and More: Dr. Astrachan on how long can someone be a carrier of strep throat: There are some people that can carry strep & never get infected , ever.Who & why is not easy to study. The average carry rate by asymptomatic people has been quoted as 5% in the summer and upwards of 25% during the winter.Some of these carriers are likely
- Customer The incubation period for strep is 2-5 days. It can be passed by sneezing and coughing- any type of direct contact with saliva or nasal discharge from an infected person.
- When someone around you has a sore, scratchy throat, try to keep your distance. It might be strep throat. The bacteria that cause strep pass easily from person to person through close contact.
- When a strep throat carrier has a sore throat, it is hard to distinguish between strep throat and other illnesses because a strep throat test will often come back positive whether or not the carrier is experiencing strep throat symptoms or not.