Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon Axles and Differentials
GM 12-bolt axles from Hemmings Muscle Machines March, 2008 - Jim O'Clair There has been much written about the Ford 9-inch banjo-type rear axle, some of it right here in past "Swap Meet" articles.... 2011-06-14 · Another way to tell what gear is in the axle without pulling the cover is to mark the driveshaft at say 3 oclock and then the axle housing on the pinion snout so the 2 marks align, then mark one of the wheels at say the 6 oclock position.
Where can I find my rear end gear ratio? 73-87ChevyTrucks
Take that information with the VIN number to any dealership and they can get the gear ratio and tell you what type of rear axle is in the vehicle. SOMETIMES, if you crawl underneath the truck, there will be a tag on the rear axle cover (held on by a bolt) and the gear ratio will be stamped into the metal tag.... 2009-07-28 · Best Answer: The rear end size (or axle ratio) is going to be found on a label on the inside of the glove box, it going to be in the form of a regular production option (RPO) code.
How to Identify an S-10 Rear End It Still Runs
Need help i think my rear end went bad. Chevy Truck Forum Silverado Sierra GMC Truck Forums. Need help i think my rear end went bad . Apr 08 2011, 4:23am. ok i have notice every time i have put my truck in reverse it clunks loud. so on the way to the movies tonight, i took a sharp left turn and it felt like my truck was locking up and making a loud noise until i straighten out. so i got how to send money to someone through google wallet 2007-07-27 · get a 8.5" 10 bolt.... people will tell you they arent strong enuf but they can handle a sh!t load of abuse... my dad had his stock 8.5 in his camaro and blew up two t-10 4 speeds.... the rear end didnt complain once.
How to tell if my rear diff is Bad Chevy/GMC? Yahoo Answers
That sounds like a wise way to do it. Easier (and cheaper) would be to cut the front springs, but that changes the geometry of the suspension enough where it may effect handling somewhat- Same basic suspension as my Chevelle. how to tell if pregnant while on birth control 2009-07-28 · Best Answer: The rear end size (or axle ratio) is going to be found on a label on the inside of the glove box, it going to be in the form of a regular production option (RPO) code.
How long can it take?
28 or 30 spline axles.... Chevy Message Forum
- 1955 Chevy Rear End eBay
- How do you ID rear end gear ratio Chevy Message Forum
- 28 or 30 spline axles.... Chevy Message Forum
- Rear Alignment Measurement - Tech Guide How-To
How To Tell What Rear End Is In My Chev
2005-04-07 · I need to replace the pinion seal on my 10 bolt Chevy rear end. it is in a 66 Nova, but the fellow I bought the car from said the rear was out of a 70's Chevelle.
- Rear end noise (2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500) blumax in Memphis, TN on . February 25, 2009 . I am getting a slight roar from the rear end that changes to a somewhat rough feeling when you let off the gas. Does anybody know of a particular rear end problem on this truck such as pinion bearing failure, carrier bearings, or axle bearings? I guess it could even be a u-joint problem. It is the
- I have a 65 Chevy pick up truck, but not sure of the rear end that’s in it. There is an 8 then underneath if it has CFD. To the left there is a picture of a clock that reads 10 o clock. Does anyone know what kind of rear end …
- 1967 was a transition year in that A-cars might have a 1964-66 style rear end, a 1968-72 rear end (which is wider, and commonly available), or a "hybrid" rear end, which will have the 58.5" width, but with the early spring mounting pad and trailing arm brackets.
- But an added plus for the 9-inch is an internal rear-pinion support that also supports the gear end of the pinion to limit gear deflection under high torque loads.